Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Frustrations on my mind

If I could control many situations at once I would. It would be nice if people would do things my way because it is the better way. Or at least be respectful of the people and world around them!

The AeroBed saga: I should have fixed it ages ago, but I didn't, so I'm frustrated with myself. I don't know where the AeroBed patch kit went, so I'm frustrated with myself because I've been too smart again and put it someplace overly clever or simple. The liquid patch I got at Sports Authority didn't really work, so I'm frustrated that the guy I asked for help there didn't just tell me to go somewhere else instead of telling me "this should work." And then having the clan come in to town tonight, when they will need the bed, is stressful, because what if it doesn't work?

Clark College: Why do you have me sitting here at a desk amid construction! And why do people come here asking the same question over and over despite the fact that I have already answered that question? When can I go home? Why is the one full-time person doing homework instead of answering questions and helping me with desk issues? And why does she make assumptions that I know everything when I'm only working two days a week and was gone for a month?!

My body: I feel bloated. And I just noticed all these little veins on my legs that are not attractive, but maybe they are small enough that no one will notice. And my hair is totally uncooperative. And my muscles are super sore, but I don't know why. My body doesn't let me sleep past 10:00 am, even though I only went to bed at 2:00 am. My ears are having issues; still TBD if it is airport related or congestion related.

My mind: I over think things, and I don't know how to stop, which is super duper frustrating. Contingencies and to do lists and observations are overloading my brain. And it keeps going. At the same time, could there be a better way to organize my brain? Could it be true that humans are operating at a lower brain capacity than we could be?

Work schedule: Mostly I wish I had more time between jobs to get things ready or clean or generally accomplish more tasks. It's frustrating to have two three-hour blocks of time to get myself into gear. I appreciate having the Clark job, but life would be much more convenient without it.

PMS: What woman isn't frustrated with it? My major issue is the extreme fluctuation in moods that I thought was under control but is apparently not. I've had a seriously short fuse this last week. And seriously, those Midol commercials do not lie about the issues women face when it comes to that time of the month. I've wondered for some time now if I have a hormone imbalance. It's a possibility.

My neighbors: Granted, they don't know I work nights and try to sleep in as much as possible in the mornings; but when they vacuum at 8:30 I can hear it because our walls aren't as thick as they could be. And there is a reason we are not supposed to park in the driveway areas, so parking your car in front of your garage instead of in it makes it difficult for me to maneuver my car. And stop using the tanbark area as a sidewalk or phone conversation area or for your children to play games on, because it's right next to my house and I don't always appreciate the added noise or disturbance in The Force.

I better start working out because that would probably help me release some of the frustration into the universe instead of keeping it tensed up in my shoulders and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment