Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A collection of random observations

Apparently I am following my own blog. I do not know how I managed to do this, but I also do not know how to un-follow myself. For the record, I really only have two followers for this blog.

A lot of people sleep in the airport. I assume they are either waiting for their flight, have a lay-over, or are really tired. I'm surprised they are actually able to get some rest. I don't think I could sleep in the terminal: all those lights, noises, the potential of someone stealing your bag.

I saw a couple meeting at the car wash across the street. I don't know why the car wash was chosen as the destination of their rendezvous, but to each his or her own. I know this was a lover's reunion because the lady pulled into the car wash like a mad woman, got out of her car, and immediately run-jump-hugged the man. It was kind of sweet. I imagine they were forbidden lovers and the car wash was the only way they could meet each other.

It's so relaxing to not have to work seven days a week. I'm feeling a little confused as to what I should do with all this extra time. I did laundry on Sunday after work. Yesterday I did some shredding and actually cooked myself dinner. Today I think I might lounge about because I can. Actually, I've got a project to finish, as well as updating my Netflix queue. It's such a hard life...

Official date of commencement for seeing the American originals is in two Sundays. I think that would by Sunday, September 12. Going to see the world's largest frying pan, followed by the world's largest squirting clam, and returning home in time to see the season finale of True Blood.

Though others disagree, I think this season of True Blood is taking the most creative liberties from the book it is meant to follow. In fact, I think I am most correct because these last two episodes are not even plot lines in any of the books! Also, the book series is far more violent than the television show, and the show has had exploding heads and people getting their faces punched into oblivion.

I'm pretty bummed that this summer only resulted in a total of seven days of hot weather. It's been a very cold summer here in Portland.

Apparently I provide great humor to my coworkers. I got really excited that we had paper towels to bring up to the ticket counter and they laughed. I was beyond confused that the time clock wasn't working the other day, and the confusion inhibited my abilities to form complete sentences. I've always got a song in my head, but that's nothing new. From what I understand, I am funny because I do not say things in a way that another person would say them. It's hard to explain. You will have to be present for such a situation in order to understand, unless you know me, in which case you know. It also helps when I mean to say something in complete innocence, but due to modern society's mind being in the gutter 89% of the time it can be interpreted as inappropriate to others.

One day at work we found what appeared to be a dirty love letter. Someone had written a poem by E.E. Cummings inside a card. We didn't know what the poem was, but when I was asked to read the poem aloud by another crew member I told him it would not be airport appropriate. He agreed after he began to read the poem over my shoulder, and we were both relieved to not have the passengers of PDX hear the dirty words someone did not intend to leave the hands of the recipient.

Today is the last day of August. There are only four months left in the year. When did that happen? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting interviewed by Elise the recruiter for a job? I cannot believe the year has moved this fast. Perhaps it moved slower when I was unemployed because I had nothing else to do but watch the days slug by. Now I focus on making sure I know my work schedule and planning ahead for vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment