Saturday, September 18, 2010

When it rains...

There are nights like tonight when the rain is actually quite soothing. The serenity from the drops falling on the rooftop, the sounds of tires kicking up the water as cars drive by, the general silence in the world because everyone is indoors.

I'm enjoying the quiet and peacefulness that comes from a night like tonight. I hope the sound of the rain will help me to sleep quite well this evening.

I would say this feeling I have does not always come about with the rain. Frequently I think to myself, another soppy night, or guess I'll need warm clothes tomorrow. I'm taking advantage of this great satisfaction with the world that I have right now.

It does rain a lot in Portland - well, the Northwest in general - so I'm taking tonight's enjoyment and running with it, because the rest of the year I will probably not feel this way. Thank you, Saturday night, for providing me with a good rainfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment