Thursday, September 16, 2010

Planning vacations is hard

I'm planning a big adventure for the big 2-5. I'm going to Disneyland!

However, I am beginning to notice the level of difficulty associated with planning such an epic adventure. The tickets are the easy part. Finding a reasonably priced hotel, figuring out the best time to go, and also scheduling an itinerary... Mom didn't tell me planning a vacation was going to be so hard!

Budget constraints are the main limiting factor. I'm turning 25; I don't have the budget of someone nearing retirement. Plus, I'm working part time, so I don't even have the budget of a full time person.

No worries, though. I may have come up with a solution. You only hit the quarter-century mark once in your life. So why not make a few concessions and spend a little extra on the room? Call it the birthday gift to myself... in addition to the actual Disneyland experience.

The other thing is my birthday falls between two major holidays: Christmas and New Year's. Uh, it's going to be epic in more than just one way, my friends. I have never in my life spent a day in Disneyland between major holidays. I'm pretty excited about the adventures this could lead to.

Plus, we're going to see the world's biggest doughnut, so even better!

I think, yeah, I will use that money from arts and crafts in the Res Life office towards my Southern California adventure. Making decisions is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment