Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Finnair, you tempt me with your offer

In case you didn't hear, Finnair is looking for four Quality Hunters to travel the globe and report back on all things quality: http://rethinkquality.finnair.com/quality-hunters/

Actually, I don't know if that's really what you'd be doing, but I imagine you'd get some sort of training from them or a list of expectations. It might mean I'd have to get a Twitter account...

Now, I just submitted my application. Why not, right? No commitments right now. It would be super fun. And it could help me to accomplish seeing more of the world's largest things!
______________________________________________________

In other random news, I was sent an email from somewhere that wanted me to pre-order my "Belly Bump Ball" by Museum Tour. Imagine a large red inflatable raspberry you would wear around you like a Halloween costume.

It looks pretty fun, but why would you want to pre-order one? I'm guessing if they were out of sumo wrestler outfits you could get the Belly Bump Ball. If my Halloween costume does not work out like I think it will, I may have to invest in this thing and actually be a raspberry instead.

______________________________________________________

Sinus infections are a pain in the butt. Well, head, actually, but the saying doesn't say pain in the head. I found out I actually have a pretty bad one. I had a temperature for the first time in a really long time. 100 degrees Fahrenheit! That's pretty high for someone who's average body temperature is right around 97.5 degrees Fahrenheit. And I needed to get antibiotics.

I'm not a very good sick person. I don't rest is my problem. There are things I could and should be doing instead of sitting around doing nothing. And drinking all these liquids is out of my norm, as well. I decided that I'm going to kick this sinus infection out of my body as soon as possible, so I'm actually trying to be a good little patient.

I'd say overall, though, I'm pretty good at not infecting other people. I wash my hands regularly, use sterilizing wipes in areas I've been working, and I warn others that I have whatever sickness it is so they are not alarmed in the off chance they catch what I have.

______________________________________________________

I've started a new blog about my adventures to see the American originals/roadside attractions I keep looking up. It's called "Look what I found!" and is located at the web address dutysbigtravels.blogspot.com. I finally opened it up after the first BIG adventure to see the world's largest frying pan this past weekend. I now have a running total of three blogs to maintain, but as there have been no major developments in my dating life it's really just the two.

I'm pretty excited about checking all these things out. And my buddy Derek has agreed that one day we shall road trip and look for random roadside attractions. He and his wife, Holly, already saw a couple of items, including the world's largest prairie dog and the world's largest candle. I mean, how awesome is that!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to check out your other blog! My family also loves traveling to see quirky, oversized roadside attractions! We have a blog,“Go BIG or Go Home,” which chronicles what happens when our small-town family visits the “world’s largest”…whatever! http://GoBIGorGoHomeblog.com

    ReplyDelete