Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And back to days of not working

Work is a little slow at the moment. With my spare time I have been coming up with some great plans and ideas. Lots of movies and doctors appointments and organizing. Maybe some trips.

I saw The King's Speech on Tuesday at 12:30 pm. It was great. There were maybe 20 people in the whole theater, the majority of who were alive to remember King George VI. I got free popcorn thanks to my fabulous Regal Cinemas card. I brought it my illegal Dr. Pepper as well as a couple of snacks (I didn't know I was getting free popcorn). And it was matinee price, which is always a plus.

After seeing the film I decided a couple of things. First, Colin Firth should totally win the Oscar. Second, King George VI (Bertie) is definitely a new hero to add to my list. He not only over came a stutter, but he manned up to fulfilling a role that his brother was too wimpy to take. And Bertie didn't even want to be king, but he knew his duty to his country and his role in the world and did it at a time his country needed him most. By the way, the film makes his brother look like a royal weenie, pardon the pun. And third, Bertie showed his entire family that he was better than them, stronger than them, and truly a great man. At least that's what The King's Speech showed me. It also showed me that I really do think the Queen Mum was a great lady and I wish I could have met her.

I have decided to tell JPMorganChase to suck it. I went to the bank the other day to deposit a check. I went to my bank's branch and used my bank's ATM and my bank card to do it all, and they had the gall to charge me $3 to use the damn thing! Final straw, Chase, final straw. I went inside to an actual teller to complete my transaction and decided as I walked out the door that I was only coming back to close my account. I'm moving to US Bank, and they're going to give me $150 to do it! Suck it, Chase!

I also am going to sell my stocks. I've got a bit, so I'm going to pay off my car and save the leftovers. I'm going through a financial revolution. It appears that becoming an adult is leading to me making adult decisions. Weird.

Finally have the last bit of tax information and I can now submit to get my money back! Woohoo!

I've decided to write to James Franco to see if he'd be willing to finance my education. He seems to value education, as he's going for a PhD himself. I bet at the least he'd get a chuckle out of the request. But maybe he'd appreciate me wanting to become a guidance counselor. Hey, it's worth a shot. I wonder where I find his address...

I really enjoy when police being interviewed on TV make snide remarks. Since it was snowing around here and people weren't driving smart, this one cop made the following remark: "People are just not driving well." Agreed. If you don't know how to drive in snow up or down hills I'd recommend to just not do it.

I want to go see the space shuttle launch in April. I think I'm going to do it.

Reading directions for making corn muffins should be relatively easy, and yet I still didn't read closely enough. I put a full cup of milk into the mix instead of 1/3 cup. And there went one package of Jiffy corn mix, one egg, and one cup of milk down the drain. Food is too expensive to make that mistake again.

Rats love corn bread. They are quite excited that the eventually finished corn muffins got a bit crumbly and now they get to enjoy in the mistake. Rats also like to steal scarves and newspaper for nesting material.

Looking at my living room, I may have come up with a seating solution. Having an overly long living room makes average furniture not work. This means I'm going to probably have to think long and hard before purchasing anything new. And measure first before purchasing.

I plan on next seeing Blue Valentine. I'll probably save it for Monday, since my work week starts tomorrow night and ends Friday night. Maybe I'll go next Thursday or Friday, after my next work week is over. Such decisions.

I also am going to be going down to the Woodburn Outlets for my mom's Coach addiction. It's almost as bad as her Fiesta Ware addiction. At least in this case she's using some well-won monies to purchase her victory purse(s).

I'm really glad Glee got better. That Gwyneth Paltrow episode really turned things around. And though Justin Bieber is pre-pubescent and a little ridiculous, the kid has some talent with those songs of his.

Why did Lady Ga Ga show up in an egg to the Grammy's? I'm not quite sure why I'm asking, but I have to.

I think I'll go to work a little early on Friday to watch AF1 land in PDX. I'll get a Jamba and sit by the windows and watch that 747 touch down. I suppose that depends on if I sit at the right windows.

Rats are quick and stealthy. When you're not watching them they move into another room and start stealing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment