Monday, July 13, 2009

What we did today at the office

Basically, a few of my coworkers and I decided that we didn't want to be here, so for the first couple hours when I got here was did absolutely nothing but chat. And what did we chat about? We chatted about how it sucks to be a single woman in today's society.

We stretched the gamut from the apparent social requirement to participate in dating websites to the potential of finding a date through a matchmaker to the effort it takes to date these days. Does it really have to be as hard as it is? It's not like I have had a stream of dates lately, but I'm not willing to give up on old-fashioned asking someone out in person yet. And why is it that men you are interested in (or women for those of you out there interested in women) always seem to be involved with someone else?!

I hate the world of dating. I want it to be over with already. I'm probably doomed, anyway. Looking at the role models for the world of dating that I've had (divorced parents, and then their attempts at relationships with others), I'm going to have to work really hard to defy the same behavior. I am stubborn and determined to do so, but it's not a guarantee.

When you've gone out with the following types, you would be happy for one nice, normal date:
- rejection because the guy was hung up on some girl who dumped him
- guy takes you on one date and forgets to tell you he thought asking you out one month before summer was a bad choice, so he just ignores you
- having to man-up because the guy doesn't know how to date (seriously?) and talks about pigeons for the first 20 minutes
- dealing with awkward hug-hold things for only two dates because you know that guy is only interested in one thing
- (this one's not a date, but still) honestly not knowing a guy had a girlfriend and flirting with him, building some feelings, and then finding that out and have him still flirt with you and confuse you

Is there any way to make this phase of your life go any faster? Sad panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment