Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ramblings on

I haven't shared my thoughts recently, so here are a couple that pop into my head pretty frequently lately:

I do not tolerate incompetence very well. Maybe it's not incompetence. No, it's like a form of incompetence where the person is physically able to perform the task but then they can't comprehend what it is they're supposed to do... I'm not describing this well. Let's just say I do not tolerate incompetence very well. And we'll add in that my expectations of people are too high.

Nail polish is a great accessory. If I didn't have such weak nails I'd wear it all the time.

I think everyone should be allowed a vacation every two to three months. This could actually work, as long as the vacations were staggered.

Silliest question from the airport this month: Woman sits at the gate and asks me, "Is this the jetway we'll be using for the flight?" "Yes," I answer. That's not the silly question. Here it comes. She clearly had to look out the window to see the entire jetway. "Is the plane here yet?" I'm gobsmacked. When she looked out the window she must have noticed that at the end of the jetway was empty space where we were awaiting the plane. I gesture toward the window and in a slight state of confusion respond to her question with, "Ah, no..."

I really want to go see Top Gear. I plan on writing them a letter this month with a few observations and some questions, including whether they'd like to teach an American girl how to drive a "British" car, and that means one fitted with the driving equipment on the wrong side of the car and one with a manual transmission. I think it could be good ratings, especially when I've never driven a stick nor on the wrong side of the road.

Everyone is getting married on July 16. I apparently lost track of time and didn't realize that July 16 is this weekend. Whoa, that was fast.

I need to exercise more, but in order to do that I have to be motivated to exercise. It is quite difficult to want to exercise after standing for six hours. Sitting down just feels so good!

I have not done half the things I was expecting to do this year. It's already half-over!

Allergies this year have been awful. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I would like a dog. I'm narrowing down the right one for me. I have to make sure I don't get the dog before I go on holiday, though; that would just be cruel.

I have many places to visit before the end of September, and I'm running out of time to plan these trips. That was silly of me. I will be doing that this week, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment